Saturday, February 9, 2008

Detox

A wise friend of mine once said (after several days and nights of binge drinking in Mexico), "Why detox when you can retox?" Although this seems a good rule of thumb for lounging on a beach, it is not necessarily the best course of action when one is looking at plane rides, shared hostel bathrooms and a catamaran in the Beagle channel.

3 days of fried food, meat, bottomless wine bottles and good old fashioned American gluttony, I'm starting to feel a little "off."

As we land in Ushuaia for two days of exploring the Tierra del Fuego, I have promised myself to seek out fresh fruit (which may require a trip to the market), ease up on the white bread, seek out vegetables that aren't fried and there will be no red meat consumption. King Crab legs, yes. And as for the wine ... I really don't think I need to drink it at lunch.

No comments: